Mal dia para buscar

4 de julio de 2010

There ain´t no cure (Leonard Cohen)




I loved you for a long, long time / I know this love is real / It don't matter how it all went wrong / That don't change the way I feel / And I can't believe that time's / Gonna heal this wound I'm speaking of
There ain't no cure,
There ain't no cure,
There ain't no cure for love
I'm aching for you baby / I can't pretend I'm not / I need to see you naked /In your body and your thought /I've got you like a habit / And I'll never get enough
There ain't no cure,
There ain't no cure,
There ain't no cure for love
There ain't no cure for love
There ain't no cure for love
All the rocket ships are climbing through the sky / The holy books are open wide / The doctors working day and night /But they'll never ever find that cure for love / There ain't no drink no drug / (Ah tell them, angels) / There's nothing pure enough to be a cure for love
I see you in the subway and I see you on the bus / I see you lying down with me, I see you waking up /I see your hand, I see your hair / Your bracelets and your brush / And I call to you, I call to you / But I don't call soft enough
There ain't no cure,
There ain't no cure,
There ain't no cure for love
I walked into this empty church I had no place else to go /When the sweetest voice I ever heard, whispered to my soul /I don't need to be forgiven for loving you so much / It's written in the scriptures / It's written there in blood / I even heard the angels declare it from above
There ain't no cure,
There ain't no cure,
There ain't no cure for love
There ain't no cure for love
There ain't no cure for love
All the rocket ships are climbing through the sky / The holy books are open wide / The doctors working day and night / But they'll never ever find that cure,
That cure for love.

Dicen que Cohen es un cantautor y poeta canadiense, enigmático y fascinante, mujeriego y solitario. Dicen que se encerró en un retiro budista durante 5 años tras sufrir un desamor (o un robo de 5mill/$ por parte de la persona de su confianza). Él mismo afirma: “No recuerdo cuál fue la causa de aquella depresión. En el curso de mi vida ha habido algunas mujeres maravillosas. Y no es que no encontrara ofertas para amar, es que no podía aceptarlas, porque no sabía cómo hacerlo. Tal vez el desamor fue un elemento de aquella depresión, pero yo nunca he sabido realmente de dónde viene mi estado depresivo, pero tiene que ver con un alejamiento de mí mismo. Ha sido el motor, el mecanismo determinante que me ha hecho tomar toda actitud en la vida: he vivido tratando de evitarla, de escapar de ella, de entenderla, de manejarla. Me ha hecho beber, me ha empujado a las drogas, me ha conducido al Zen... ”.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Maravilloso tu texto, tu enfoque....soy una enamorada de Cohen, de su mismo estado con quien tanto me identifico y de sus letras.
Siempre he dicho q I´m your man es una declaración de amor como pocas....